Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Once A Month Mom Contest!

I am excited for this. Clearly, I posted with nothing in this post. And now that I am feeding Thomas and the lights are on, Alice has run off to find a book in her room, I can try and think.

I have started making my OAMC recipe list based on the tutorials from Tricia. I know I will end up booting a couple of recipes, but they are still on the list right now.

I have several breakfast items. I find breakfast hard to do because we don't really eat those kinds of breakfasts. We stick more with cereal. Partly because Alice loves cereal.

Lunches are supposed to be heat and serve (microwave perhaps) things. I need 4 things on my list, I think I have 5 or 6. I will narrow things down after I get a good list of foods together.

Dinners are things that require more prep. I suppose its the easier option except I want to stay away from pasta. It has been my downfall in our freezer meals. I mean, sure some of the dishes are good, but I am so sick of pasta. Its amazing how I could never see another bowl of pasta and it might be too soon. Ok, that's not true, but I really don't want to make a butt load of pasta in the next menu. So I am trying to stay away from it. Or at least sticking with pasta that isn't cooked (like stuffed pastas that can be made while the pasta is uncooked, then frozen and cooked.

I can't wait to see what sort of results I get with these. I should ask if we are converting a recipe for the freezer, if I need to find another post, or make a post on my blog with the freezer directions. I suppose I can just leave notes about the recipe with how to make ahead and freeze. I just need to try a few of these recipes and see how they freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment